Why is Breast Cancer and Endometriosis on the Rise and younger and younger girls are being diagnosed?
Almost weekly I have a patient who comes in diagnosed with breast cancer, endometriosis or ovarian cysts. Why are we seeing more and more and younger and younger? Xenoestrogens is one of the major reasons, creating estrogen dominance.
Xenoestrogens are environmental estrogens and they are more abundant than you think. Xenoestrogens mimic estrogen and play a huge part in the breast cancer, endometriosis and ovarian cyst epidemic we are currently experiencing.
Xenoestrogens disrupt our endocrine (hormonal) systems. Estrogen, like every hormone naturally produced by the body, is a much needed chemical messenger that transports a signal fromone cell to another. The problem with xenoestrogens is that they mimic the effects of estrogen and compromise normal hormone function.
Combined with the estrogen naturally produced by the body, these foreign chemicals create an excess of estrogen (which has come to be known as “estrogen dominance”).
So take a women who is overweight (every fat cell produces estrogen), eating meats and dairy full of estrogen, stressed (interfering with cortisol) and then ingesting and putting on the skin xenoestrogens every day, no wonder why there are so many HORMONAL issues and cancers!
Not only does the research shows that xenoestrogens are linked to high rates of breast cancer, endometriosis, and cysts but also an unusually early onset of puberty, infertility, and miscarriages!
In men, xenoestrogens are believed to contribute to decreased sperm counts, and prostate and testicular cancers.
Why do 2 women both live the same lifestyle, eat the same and exposed to the same amount of xenoestrogens and 1 gets cancer and 1 doesn’t? It’s not genetics!!!
One of the major ways the body balances and maintains hormonal balance is with the Liver! The liver also metabolizes xenoestrogens. Make sure you are doing liver cleansing every 3-4 months and if you have cancer its 3-6 months straight and then every few months.
Here are some nutritional protocols to add to your daily routine to prevent or reverse an estrogen dominant disease or cancer:
Nutrients That Offer Protection Against The Damaging Effects of Xenoestrogens
1. Calcium D-Glucarate –.Recommended dosage: 400–600 mg per day, divided into two doses. Found in abundance in apples, broccoli, Brussel sprouts, cabbage, lettuce and alfalfa.
2. Probiotics – take at least 25-50 billion per day
3. Cruciferous Vegetables – these contain sulforphane which has been shown to stimulate the body’s production of detoxification enzymes that help to eliminate toxic estrogens and xenoestrogens. Found in abundance in broccoli and broccoli sprouts, Brussel sprouts, kale and cabbage.
4. Curcumin – a powerful anti-inflammatory for the body, curcumin also helps the liver eliminate and detoxify cancer-causing estrogens and xenoestrogens. Recommended dosage: 600-800 mg per day.
5. Milk Thistle –It detoxifies a wide range of hormones, drugs, and toxins, including xenoestrogens. Recommended dosage: 50–100 mg per day (just make sure that your supplement contains at least 80% silymarin, which is the active ingredient in milk thistle).
6. DIM- promotes healthy estrogen metabolism and is a phytochemical naturally found in small amounts in cruciferous vegetables such as cabbage, cauliflower, and broccoli and that has subsequently been synthesized into a convenient, easy-to-swallow nutritional supplement.
Article by: Dr. Charles Majors, DC